CNY visiting 2009 || Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:30 PM

With this week being CNY, had a good chance to catch up with both the older and younger generation of Tan Family, was emotionally quite draining but thank God for strength! God gave me a revelation when I was teaching bible study to leonard.

My REVELATION - God knows all our sins, knows all our weaknesses but yet chooses to love us, its a bit like how it is with the children and mum, things are not easy in the relationship in the family, but in spite of knowing the faults, weaknesses, things that irritate you, can you be loving enough to choose to love in spite of it all?

I think thats what Jesus sees when he looks at us and God in heaven blots out of our transgressions.

Interesting stuff I learnt from my CNY visiting:

1. Learnt more about my Peranakan heritage from Uncle Benny, I may have Malay blood
2. Discovered Uncle Benny and Lee Tuan go dancing, especially oldies kind of couple dance like rumba etc and Auntie goes Line Dancing
3. Uncle's 2nd day of CNY dinner is for business associates, all those at the big table are either ministers, SPH, GIC or Cancer Research Foundation Bosses, only thing is, I dont recognise them
4. Auntie Mary expects all of us (the Brother's kids) to visit them in the morning of 2nd Day CNY according to tradition - ie, to respect yr elders
5. Baby Joshua - age2 can answer multiple choice questions but not open ended (why? how? type of questions) eg. he can answer 'Is the orange sweet or sour?', cant answer 'why do people laugh?' which dear Kevin tried to ask him, but he is 2years old, the fact that he has such a wide vocabulary is still amazing.
6. Baby John is afraid of loud noises, so when you go to Melvin's house you cannot ring the doorbell cause that would trigger the dog to bark and the baby john to cry. ahhhhhh.. see the chain reaction
7. Uncle Eu Win and Auntie Betty have a family calendar made each year which made me discover that the top salsa dancer in SMU is actually his nephew!!! and I recognise him! he dances very well!

love,
That Faery
kiss and tell. . .

Sharon Tan, Marcom Specialist, CHC, Fan Club of the Vampire in Twilight (Edward Cullen), I've been exercising (giving self a pat on the back) Bday - 12 Aug 1985 ,SMU Biz Mgmt Degree in Marketing and Corporate Comms MSN/Facebk - sharon.shulin@gmail.com, Skype/Twitter - Shulinzz
Jukebox
Put your hands in the air.

follow me on Twitter




Love Letters.
Ink quills



Escaping From the Faeries.
Run Run!!