Leadership Insights from Sidney Mohede || Saturday, November 22, 2008 10:24 AM

Covered Dynamics of a Contemporary Worship Band for Asia Conf Elective and really was just inspired by the leadership of Pst Sidney.

1st leadership insight
Many times as humans, we wanna give God that perfect music, that perfect cell group, that perfect outreach, that perfect leadership role. But the thing is what its like in heaven is 1000 times more perfect than what we offer.

He gave the analogy of a young kid who comes excitedly to his mum and dad with a stick drawing of them and it doesnt look anything like them but would the dad criticise them? and say 'that is the lousiest drawing i have ever seen?' NOPE! he would probably go 'son! you are the best artist, that's beautiful!' In the same way with us and God because we do it all as a SERVICE unto the Lord.

2nd leadership insight
We can never force people to do what we want, at the end of the day, the test of leadership is stil to continue to love and accept members even when they dont do exactly what you want, or u know they are going down the wrong path. The fact is we can teach what we know, but we only reproduce who we are. And i think that i really need to rise up to be that well balanced example that God wants me to be, so that when my members see my life, they would say, YES i wanna be like my leader, she excels in all areas of life - healthy emotional life, positive self image, dresses well, words are seasoned with grace, she's fun to hang out with, loving, apprectiative and encouraging, she is passionate to reach out, not for numbers sake, but for the vision God gives to her, smart and relevant in marketplace, excels in work and is a living example of what a REAL Christian ought to be, I wanna be like her!

I want my members to be so inspired by who I am, its not about TELLING them the way, its SHOWING them the way by being that example.

So with all areas in balance, they wont say 'being a CGL is so tough, I dont think I ever wanna be like one'. So gotta be secure in who I am in the service that I give to God. At the end of the day, the CG needs to be a safe haven, thats what being a family is all about, we share our lives together, we need one another's needs.

love,
That Faery
kiss and tell. . .

Sharon Tan, Marcom Specialist, CHC, Fan Club of the Vampire in Twilight (Edward Cullen), I've been exercising (giving self a pat on the back) Bday - 12 Aug 1985 ,SMU Biz Mgmt Degree in Marketing and Corporate Comms MSN/Facebk - sharon.shulin@gmail.com, Skype/Twitter - Shulinzz
Jukebox
Put your hands in the air.

follow me on Twitter




Love Letters.
Ink quills



Escaping From the Faeries.
Run Run!!