|| Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:36 PM

feels liks im going through that process too:
time of preparation

Daily Devotional:
Part of the Process
Bill Wilson
Metro Ministries

There’s a passage in the Bible that describes how different kinds of seeds are threshed, or shelled, to get to the grain inside. It helps us understand why we go through some of the things we go through in life. God is preparing us for what He wants us to be.

Isaiah 28:27,28 says, The fitches are beaten out with a staff, and the cummin with a rod. Bread corn is bruised.

God is talking about three different kinds of grains here. Each is used to make bread, and each has to be prepared differently before it can go into the dough.What does that have to do with me? you ask. We are God’s grain. Each of us has a different purpose, but first we have to be prepared. There’s a process to it. What we go through today prepares us for God’s higher purpose.We don’t usually like the process itself.

I don’t like everything I’ve had to go through. I’ve been stabbed twice since starting a Sunday school in inner-city New York twenty-three years ago. I’ve been in the middle of fights and shootouts. I’ve seen twenty-one people get murdered. But now I look back at my experiences and realize they were all part of God’s process.

He was preparing me for what I’m going through today. I don’t think I would be able to reach needy children amid the chaos and violence of the inner city without His preparation.God is preparing all of us for a higher purpose. We may not understand every part of His process, but as we learn to say "Here I am, Lord," and submit to Him, He can use us for His glory.

My Declaration of Faith for Today

I yield my life to You, Lord, and say "Here am I, Lord, use me."

love,
That Faery
kiss and tell. . .

Sharon Tan, Marcom Specialist, CHC, Fan Club of the Vampire in Twilight (Edward Cullen), I've been exercising (giving self a pat on the back) Bday - 12 Aug 1985 ,SMU Biz Mgmt Degree in Marketing and Corporate Comms MSN/Facebk - sharon.shulin@gmail.com, Skype/Twitter - Shulinzz
Jukebox
Put your hands in the air.

follow me on Twitter




Love Letters.
Ink quills



Escaping From the Faeries.
Run Run!!