Fear Not! || Monday, December 12, 2005 12:17 AM
had been struggling with the matter of not being good enuf, indeed there was an inner struggle and fear of failure..
but yet, God is good, this wk sermon, Pastor Kong really encouraged me upon this matter..
it's totally not a coincidence that this sermon was on the issue of fear, cos i was also reading a email devotional pertaining to the same matter.....
Here is an excerpt:
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10It is so wonderful when, in the midst of all the chaos, the Holy Spirit speaks to your inner man and says, "I am with you."A single word from heaven disperses the fog and chases away doubt. Someone once said that a single positive thought (and God’s Word is not only positive but also powerful) chases away a whole army of negative thoughts. The Lord says we are not to look around in fear. The one who puts his hand to the plough but turns back has no part in the kingdom of God. Each and every one who ploughs must fix his gaze on a point ahead. Indeed God is a good God, when He first showed me the devotional, i read it and i was like, YES that passage is for me, but then it was only during the sermon and subsequent time of ministering during the service that something clicked then in my spirit and I experienced a breakthrough.Things that God spoke to me about in the service:+ When you wanna something that demands Faith & Risk, the greatest fear you can have is fear of failure+ Fear is the chief emotion (provides out of the heart) used by Satan to rob you of your destiny+ Fear and Faith attract+ Fear masks laziness+ My love for God is not perfect as long as I am fearful1 John 4:16,18And we know, understand, recognize,are conscious of by experience and observation, and believe (put faith in and rely on) the love God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.There is no fear in love, but full grown love turns fear out of the doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment and so he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love.
love,
That Faery
kiss and tell. . .
Sharon Tan, Marcom Specialist, CHC, Fan Club of the Vampire in Twilight (Edward Cullen), I've been exercising (giving self a pat on the back)
Bday - 12 Aug 1985 ,SMU Biz Mgmt Degree in Marketing and Corporate Comms
MSN/Facebk - sharon.shulin@gmail.com, Skype/Twitter - Shulinzz
Jukebox
Put your hands in the air.
Love Letters.
Ink quills
Escaping From the Faeries.
Run Run!!
CITYnews
How Advertising Spoilt Me - Latest Adverts in town!
The Truth.com - quit smoking, know the truth!
Princess Thati
Jian Fen
Xin Hong
Yihan
Meiyan
Ai Ling
Sidney
Huiling
Sun
Liu Geng Hong
FIR - Ah Qing!
Corinne May - Local Jazz Starlet
Evelyn - Pst CK
Huixuan
Wenling
Quanhan
Pauline Kong
Jie Yun
Yvonne Chua
Chew Yan
Jeanie
Kelvin
Jingxuan
Howard
Other Rubbish
whatever you like.
Whatever you want!
Likes- Dance (Salsa, Hip hop) playing guitar, singing, Broadway musicals, Traveling around the world
Brands i Love -River Island, Coach, Diva (Accessories), MAC Makeup, Mango, Zara
Food I love - I munch Apple Chips all the time! Cuisines - French, Japanese Sashimi & Sushi, Ben & Jerry Ice Cream, Chinese Dim Sum, Thai Desserts, Crab with Mun Tou, Yam Basket
Drinks - Yakult
Movies I love - Cartoon movies like Madagascar, Shrek 1,2,3, Mama Mia, High Sch Musical (if im still 15),
Wanna do-s - Travel to Japan, China, Mission Trip in 2009, Go JB outing for seafood with CG,
Credits.
Give it up for..
Queen Quirky
Image 1
Image 2